Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Settling Down, oil on linen, 18"x24"

This pair of Pintails is settling down in a nice quiet part of a mist-covered pond. This painting was an exercise in balance between design, and remaining faithful to the look of a typical mid-western wetland. I had most of the painting finished before our trip to Minnesota a couple weeks ago. While there I went to some wetlands close to my childhood home in Shieldsville, and did some small field studies. Though most of setting for this painting was done from my mind, when I compared the painting to my field studies, I was surprised at how close the colors from my mind were to the field study. The only thing I can figure is that growing up around these wetlands left a deep impression on me.


Settling Downoil on linen, 18"x24"
$2,190.00-SOLD

No comments: