Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wood Ducks, oil on panel, 6"x8"

This is a small studio study (6"x8") of a pair of Wood Ducks that I did for a larger painting I plan to enter into a show. I do these small studies to work out problems before I dive into the final painting. My main concern here was with color and composition. I wasn't sure what color scheme to use (autumn, spring, fog) but I think I like the early spring feel this study shows. I already see some compositional things I want to change. I want to bring the ducks more toward the center and maybe make them a little larger. I'm also experimenting with the possibility of moving the hen in front of the drake, but I'm not so sure on this. If any of my artist friends out there have any suggestions send me an email-I'm all ears.
SOLD

No comments: