Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Autumn Shadows, oil on panel, 6"x8"

Last week I was driving around Lancaster County, PA around sunrise when I saw the beautiful interplay of light and shadows on this barn. I quickly pulled my car over and set up to paint. While Amish horse buggies wheeled past me, I completed a small 5"x7" field study in around a half hour, and snapped a few photos. I brought these back to the studio and used them to create this little painting.

Autumn Shadows
Oil on panel, 6"x8"
$290.00. Contact Art & Soul Gallery to purchase 717-761-1270

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As you get "famouser" and your prices go up, I hope you'll continue to make a few smaller, faster studies like this available for sale at prices the rest of us can afford, like this barn at sunrise and the cardinal you recently posted. I'm amazed at the lack of detail i.e. boards and wood texture, and still you get the feel of the time/place enough I feel like I"m sure I've seen that exact spot myself, though I doubt I really have.

Fr. Mark