Monday, June 18, 2012

View from the Alley

Greetings!! It has been a long time since I last posted. We have been dealing with a medical crises in our family which is still ongoing. I apologize to all who have been wanting to see current work from me.

This painting won 1st Place in the Quick Draw event at Plein Air Camp Hill last week. I normally don't paint alleys but I must say they have always held a certain charm for me. This large house intrigued me with its large simple shapes and play of light and shadows. Getting the values correct was a challenge at first and I almost gave up after the first half hour. But persistence paid off and I was pleased with the final results.

View from the Alley
oil on linen, 9"x12"
$690.00-SOLD

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, as always. Hope you feel our prayers lifting you and your family through this challenge.

Jen-Marie @ Catholic Inspired said...

I've never seen a more beautiful alley!!! -We are still praying. God Bless.

Kimberlee said...

It was so neat to see this painting - so unlike your typical subjects and yet so clearly a Tako.
We were glad to see you at the festival. Your family remains in our daily prayers. Pax et bonum

Amarjeet Prasad said...

Nice Art.

vintage sculpture
vintage home decor

Ricky Smith said...

Lovely post..
vintage collectables
vintage home decor