Monday, June 1, 2015

Awards and Sales

Hello Everyone,

I'm honored to announce that my painting "Painted Paints" (see below) received the First Place Award at Plein Air Camp Hill! This years show had some of the strongest work ever in Camp Hill. My thanks to Dennis Akin, Professor Emeritus of Fine Arts at Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA and judge of this years event, and to all the other artists who participated and created such beautiful work.

Along with First Place, my quick draw painting (see below) received the Plein Air Magazine Award of Excellence as well as the People's Choice Quick Draw Award. This was an incredible event for me, not only for the awards and sales, but even more for the fact that I stumbled onto something that has rarely been tried at Plein Air events, painting animals from life.

I will be showing a special exhibit of wildlife paintings based on the Lewis and Clark Expedition at History Meets the Arts, June 12-14th in Gettysburg, PA. Don't miss this incredible event. See more of my work at JasonTako.com


Painted Paints
First Place Award Plein Air Camp Hill
$1,500-Sold.

Evening Paint
$1,200-Sold.

The Dentist's House
Plein Air Magazine Award of Excellence and People's Choice Award.
$1,000-Sold.

Sunset (not pictured due to the fact I couldn't get it photographed before it sold)
$500-Sold.

Jason with his quick draw painting in front of the subject.

No comments: