Thursday, July 18, 2013

Plein Air Easton Preview

Dear Collectors and Friends,

I hope everyone has been able to stay cool this week. I have not. As you know, this week is Plein Air Easton, and I have been out painting in a heat index of over 100 degrees.

Tomorrow night is the Collectors Preview Party, where attendees get to be the first to see the fresh, wet paintings. As collectors and followers of my work, I thought it was appropriate for you to be among the first to see the paintings I created, and the first to have the option to add these new works to your collection-even if you cannot make it to Easton.

Below are five of the paintings I did this last week at Plein Air Easton. I hope you enjoy this exclusive sneak preview I posted just for you. If you would like to add one of these paintings to your collection, please email me at luke_tako@yahoo.com as soon as possible and I can have the staff at Easton arrange payment with you and hold the painting.

Stay cool and enjoy the paintings!

Checking the Sails
If you look very close, you can see a man working on the sails of his boat. He stood there for a few minutes, long enough for me to add him to the painting.
10"x20", oil on linen panel.
$1,400, framed.


Hinckley Mist
This was the first painting I did for the event. I embellished the light I saw in Oxford, MD that morning in order to give the feeling of the warmth I experienced.
11"x14", oil on linen panel.
$1,200, framed.


Evening at Blackwater
This was painted quickly at Blackwater Wildlife Refuge while the sun was setting behind me. I could hear some type of birds making screeches in the nearby wooded area.
8"x10", oil on linen panel.
$500, framed.
 

Clouds Over Blackwater
These clouds were magnificent! Gentle giants hovering low over the wetlands and distant landscape.
6"x8", oil on panel.
$300, framed


Sika Refuge
When I pulled up to this empty house I was captivated by the ambient green light under the front porch. When I got out of my car I was startled to see some Sika Deer looking at me before they hopped off. Later I saw more on the other side of the house.
14"x11", oil on linen panel.
$1,200, framed
 
See more at www.JasonTako.com

No comments: