Monday, April 28, 2014

New Wildlife Painting

Hello Everyone,

After weeks of working on ideas, sketches and preliminary studies I have finally finished my latest wildlife painting. I saw these two young Mule Deer at the base of the western side of the Grand Teton mountains in Wyoming. While the Tetons separate Wyoming from Idaho, there is a small section on the western side that is technically Wyoming. These deer were not too concerned about my presence, but something else had them concerned.

The cautious and curious expression of the deer was my objective, but the light is just as important. While the computer doesn't do it justice, this painting is filled with beautifully sophisticated tones of green and subtle lavenders with hints of blue and sienna. It has all the strength of realism with the interest of painterly brushwork. I ordered a custom handmade frame from America West Frames especially for this painting.

If you would like to inquire about this piece, contact me at Jason@JasonTako.com. Subscribers to my blog get free shipping. My last painting sold within a week of display at the gallery. Contact me before this one is gone.

Cautiously Curious
Oil on linen, 12"x24"
$2,500, includes custom handmade frame from America West Frames
Contact Jason at Jason@JasonTako.com to inquire.

No comments: