Monday, June 24, 2013

New Landscapes!

I hope all is well with everyone! Summer has kicked into full gear here in central PA. It's hot today, and it's supposed to stay hot for most of the week.

Speaking of hot, I have a few new paintings to take you back to cooler days. The first two were inspired by my time at the nearby apple orchards. I've been having a lot of fun exploring this theme of apple trees in blossom and how the light affects the colors.

The third was inspired by my childhood experiences of watching the moon rise over the wetlands near my home. It's an autumn scene with vibrant glowing colors which contrast the serenity and solitude of a marsh.

All of these paintings are oil on linen or linen panel; they come framed and ready to hang in that special place in your home or office. Contact me at luke_tako@yahoo.com if you would like to inquire about these beautiful works of art or if you would like to see an image of the painting in the included frame. See more at www.jasontako.com


Spring Light
Oil on linen panel, 8"x10"
$500, frame is natural black wood with gold liner.
 
Blossoms & Light
Oil on linen, 18"x24"
$3,000, frame is natural black wood with gold liner.
 
October Moon
Oil on linen, 18"x24"
$3,000, frame is ornate dark gold.
 
 
Dont' forget to come see me at Plein Air Easton this July 15th-21st! Also my landscape painting workshop at the York Art Association is almost full. Contact me at luke_tako@yahoo.com about private lessons for $25/hr.

No comments: